Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How time flies

Wow! Time has gotten away from me! It has been so long since I have blogged or read anyone else's. So much has happened in the past year and a half. I'm not even sure where to start or how to write all of the events that have occurred. Well the most important started last December 31st. We found out after almost two years of praying that God was blessing us with another child! We were so thrilled and have been so blessed to now be a family of four! Ones decided to not find out the gender and be surprised when he/she arrived. On August 26 we became the proud parents of a beautiful baby girl! We now have one of each! We had three girl names and four boy names picked out. If it was a boy I got the final choice and if it was a girl Matt did. So daddy got to pick his favorite of the three. We named our sweet girl Aimsley Michelle.

I had a csection again and I told my doctor no one was to announce what he/she was but Matt. It was so cool to have him tell after 9 months "she's here"! When I first saw her she was blowing bubbles and has yet to stop :) That was the second thing I noticed. The first was before I even saw her I had yet to hear her cry. To be honest I was very nervous by this. It took a minute but they finally got her to cry. It was such a beautiful sound to my already panicked heart! They said she still had a little fluid on her lungs. They took us back into a delivery room after I was stitched up and had her in a warmer. Before I got to hold her another nurse came in and said she was concerned and wanted to take her to the nursery for a closer look. I was so sad and worried because Matt went with her and I didn't have my mom with me. I think they were only gone for 45 min to an hour but that was long enough for me. Once I had her in my arms I was so in love and of course I still am.

Colston has taken to her better than we could have hoped. He is such a great brother. He gives her kisses and hugs and is so concerned when she cries. He is so proud to have a little sister! So much more has happened since then as well but I will have to write later. Hopefully sooner this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment