Monday, July 27, 2009

Getting Started

So, I've never blogged before and really have no idea what I am doing. Last week I met an amazing, godly woman who told me about blogging and how wonderful it is. I said it sounded like something I was willing to try. I don't live near any of my family or any of my oldest and dearest friends so this is a way for me to share my life with them. It always seems that those we are closest to are the farthest away. I miss sharing the simple details of everyday life with them and hearing about theirs.

I got the name for my blog from a couple things. Ever since I was a little girl in the Philippines I have loved mangos. They have always been my favorite fruit and my dad's nickname for me. I decided to do mango tree because mangos are yellow, and green and red and they can be sweet or sour. And I feel like that is how my life is. It's filled with sweet and sour moments. I love green mangos more than yellow. I love to eat them really sour with vinegar and rock salt. And I feel like that is similar to my life. I always seem to find myself focusing on the sour moments and sometimes even making them more sour myself. Instead I should be enjoying the sweet moments and savoring those. So I am hoping this will not only help me to vent when frustrated or at my wits end, but to share when I have amazing things happen and when I can see God working in my life. I hope to find more sweet moments in the sour ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment