Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The magic of music

It must be said... I am so thankful for Hannah Montana and Taylor Swift. Every time Hannah Montana comes on the Disney channel or any other music video he freezes where is he is at. He will sit completely still for the whole video or intro or whatever it is. I love it! Also, he loves Taylor Swift. Whenever he is completely inconsolable we put on "Love Story" by Taylor Swift and he calms down. It's to the point that as soon as we start it he recognizes the first few bars of it and right before it ends he gets sad because he knows it's almost over. It cracks me up. The last few nights he has not been sleeping well because he is getting more teeth and we have had to put "Love Story" on repeat for about an hour until he falls asleep.

It always makes me laugh because Matt does not like girl vocals very much but his son is in love with them. Whenever any girl starts singing he stops what he is doing. I remember when I was pregnant with him and I was watching American Idol and one of the girls starting singing and he started kicking like crazy until she was done. I feel like this means we are going to have our hands full with him as he gets older! Yeesh! I'll start praying now.

And I must say I love the Disney Channel. I love putting it on and being able to walk away knowing that he won't hear anything bad. And I must say it is entertaining for myself as well. Many times Matt will come home and Colston will be asleep and the Disney Channel will be on and I will be laughing. What can I say I am easily amused. I'm sure I'm not the only parent guilty of this.

1 comment:

  1. Yo, Mandy! This is Lem. I can tell that Colston and I would become great friends because I absolutely LOVE Taylor Swift. When I'm driving in my car alone and I feel like singing my heart out, what do I put on the stereo? You guessed it...

    ReplyDelete