Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another cake

My friend Pam paid me to make a cake for her daughter's 8th birthday. She had her party at the skate rink and wanted a cake that was black and hot pink. She wanted pop/punk kinda like Hannah Montana or Avril Levine. I basically had freedom to add or do whatever I wanted to make it my own creation. I kept looking for streamers or something cool and sparkley to go on top of the cake and on the sides. I found these star wands and thought they were perfect! Then later Matt found the little star things I put on the side of the cake. The ribbon was my favorite part! The zebra added a bit of punkishness to the cake I think. The hot pink stars I thought went better with the theme than polka dots would have. It took me a long time to get the frosting smooth but it was definitely worth it! This is one o my favorite cakes that I have made. I think it had a lot of originality and personality! Did I mention the birthday girl loved it? I don't know why but I was so nervous making a cake for a little girl. I was so worried it wouldn't be what she was expecting but she said it was great! She said she "had an awesome party with a cool cake!"

I love my new hobby and will be making another cake this weekend so I will be posting more pictures! Hope you guys enjoy!

1 comment: