Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My week so far

So far I feel like I've had a pretty productive week and it's not even half over yet. Sunday we took the teens up to the mountains for a picnic. It was a beautiful day and the teens had a lot of fun exploring and hanging out. And with the exception of Colston eating dirt we had no mishaps.

Monday I took Colston to the library for his first storytime. It was a lot of fun. At first I wasn't sure if he was going to be good and pay attention. He crawled off my lap and found a place on the floor so he could sit with the other kids. He did wander around a few times but was good for the most part. At the very end he did hit two girls but he had just learned the motions to "Shoo Fly" and I think that's what he was doing. At least I'm going to say that was it. We are going to go to toddler story time tomorrow and it will be more kids his own age so we'll see how that goes. I would like to take him to story time 2-3 times a week. It's just a half hour in the morning and it's nice to get out of the house.

Tuesday I dropped Colston off at my neighbor's house for a few hours so I could get caught up on my Beth Moore Study that I had fallen behind on. It was so nice to have a few hours of absolute peace and quiet and meditation. However when it was time to go get him I was very excited and he greeted me with a huge smile and "hi" which just made my day! While at my neighbor's house he had a cupcake for lunch and locked himself in the bathroom with the other toddler and then took a shower and had the best time. I might have to start dropping him off once a week and giving him some friend time. However, when I picked him up he had a fever of 100.8 so I was hoping it's just teething and that he's not getting sick. We don't have time for that junk.

Wednesday, which is today has already been an eventful day. Matt's off work today so he helped me get Colston ready today and that was a bad start. He fussed and whined and was not a happy camper and we're not sure why. Again I will chalk it up to probably teething. He finally got a little happier, which was good because we dropped him off in nursery so I could go to Bible Study and Matt could work on his lesson for youth tonight. I had a wonderful time in Bible Study this morning. Jamie was gone so I had to lead it and that was not my favorite part but it was ok. After Bible Study I had discipleship with one of my friends and that was a wonderful time of fellowship. After that Matt and I got chinese food for lunch and came home to enjoy the cold, gloomy day. Baby Aubrey who I watch will be here in just a few minutes and after she gets picked up at 6:30 we head off to youth group.

The rest of the week is someone planned out. Thursday we will be going to the library for toddler story time and then I have to bake some cakes for my friend's daughter's birthday. Friday I will be decorating the cake and watching Aubrey again from 1:30-6:30. At 7 we head off to small group at the Chappel's house. Saturday the cake will get picked up and Matt will be working so it will probably be a cleaning day! And hopefully I'll actually be able to get some sleep at night!

Hope all of you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment