Monday, September 28, 2009

Not Me Monday

Apparently all of my not me mondays have been waiting to build up and all happen during one week. It wasn't only not me, but it was not my husband and not my child as well. One thing after another did not happen this week. It was ridiculous.

First thing that didn't happen was the beginning of last week. I was at my friend's house for lunch and all of a sudden we heard clanging in the kitchen. When I walked in I certainly did not find my toddler with a mouth full of dog food and his hands in the bowl. Oh no not my child he would never eat that stuff and continue eating it once the nasty stuff was in his mouth. Yuck!

Later on in the week I went grocery shopping to get stuff to make dinner for a family at church that we were taking care meals to. I decided to make them beef stoganoff even though it's something I had never made before it seemed easy enough. I got all the ingredients and went home. Two days later when I went to get the noodles out of the bag for dinner I most definitely did not find the sour cream still in the bag! Ewww! I did throw it away and sent Matt to go get more.

On Saturday Matt and I went up to the mountains to look for a good picnic spot to take the teens for lunch the next day. When we were in the car I absolutely did not give my one year old a chocolate chip cookie to eat. And did not turn around 5 minutes later to see his face covered in chocolate. There were hardly any chocolate chips in that cookie and my child did not rub them all over his face and forehead. And we definitely did not leave him that way until we got home and got our camera and took pictures of him.

On Sunday we went up to the mountains and had a barbecue picnic with the teens. Matt and I took turns taking care of Colston and walking the trails. When Matt wanted to go for a walk and I asked where Colston was he definitely did not answer "he's over there eating dirt." Oh no not my husband he would never let my child pick up dirt, eat it and rub it all over his face. Oh no he wouldn't leave Colston that way for me to clean him up and him go off on a walk instead.

And I realized right before I wrote this that I would never trip over my husband's shoes 5 times before finally picking them up and throwing them where they belong.

Hopefully this week will go much smoother and with fewer not me, not my husband and not my child monday moments!

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Hehe. I knew about the dog food, but this is the first of the eating dirt! You got practically a month worth (if you write about one a week) this week alone! Hopefully it was good healthy dirt.

    ReplyDelete