Saturday, March 27, 2010

Trips never go as planned

Thursday night Matt, Colston and I left Salt Lake around 5 to head to Boise, Idaho for a couple of nights. We went there to see the Rock and Worship Road Show and spend a couple of nights with my aunt and uncle. As we were heading out of town we grabbed Chic-fil-a for dinner. Mmmm... I gave Colston some fries in a cup and he dumped them on his lap and said in a very sarcastic tone "oh nice". Shouldn't he wait a little longer to be sarcastic? Matt and I had a good laugh about it. Then of course he fell asleep about 40 minutes before we got to my aunt and uncle's. When we got there he woke up and did not feel good and threw up on their driveway. Then he woke up three times during the night to either throw up or dry heave. Needless to say we did not get much sleep.



~Kicking me in the head while I try to sleep~



The next day he seemed to be feeling better but still didn't have much of an appetite. My aunt and uncle took us to a pizzeria called The Flying Pie. It was so delicious! You can buy pizza by the slice and they are huge slices and so hot and yummy! Also their bread sticks are pretty amazing too. We loved it so much that when we were leaving town on Saturday we stopped by and we were the first ones there and got some slices to go. We had to wait about 40 minutes to eat them because they were so hot. Wish they had that place in Utah but it's probably good they don't because I would want to eat there all the time.


~Colston and Clara Bear~

After lunch we went to BSU to check out my uncle's office. He is the associate dean there and showed us around a little bit. The view from his office is so beautiful. I also got to look at some of the books he has written. It's amazing to see his name on these published books. I'm so proud of him. He also showed us a book about Boise that has some of my aunt's paintings in them. Again it so neat to see something she made in a published book. After the college we went to my aunt's studio that is downtown. She showed us some of the paintings she's been working on. She is so talented. Her latest paintings are ones that are from the view of looking out of a car windshield. Her detail is amazing! Some of them were even taken in the rain so she painted the raindrops and streaks left by the wipers. I have no idea how she does it but they are so amazing. Both my aunt and uncle or so talented and two of the sweetest people I know.

Later that day Matt and I headed off to the concert and they watched Colston for us. When we got to the concert we only waited in line about 15 minutes and we were inside. It was only $10 each and we saw The Sidewalk Prophets, Remedy Drive, Fee, Franchesca Betastellli, Family Force Five, David Crowder and Mercy Me. It was an amazing line up. Matt was very excited to see DCB which is his favorite and Fee. They both did amazing. DCB was awesome because everyone knows their songs so everyone was shouting the lyrics and it was just like a huge worship session. I had a blast dancing and head banging to Family Force Five but I am sore today and know that I am too old for that. Also the guitarist threw his water bottle in the crowd and I got it. Don't really know what to do with it now that I have it. I think my favorite band was Fee. The lead singer is so modest and talented. I wish they could have played longer.



~Getting ready for the concert to start~ ~Fee!! My favorite!~





~ David Crowder's here!!~ ~Matt's favorite!~


Mercy Me was last and when they were finishing up Matt and I decided to head out because I just felt like we needed to get back. I called my aunt and she said Colston had been great and was asleep. About thirty seconds before we got back to their house Colston woke up and when I got there I went in and got him and he was burning up. He had a temperature of 103.2, poor guy. Matt and my uncle Shelton went to the store and got him some medicine and pediyalite. I was hoping the medicine would help him sleep through the night but no such luck. He woke up four times crying and screaming. Everytime I had to pick him up and lay him in between us and he would fall asleep and I would put him back. Same thing repeated about every hour or two. Near the end I felt like I was being filmed for a sitcom. The moments that make life interesting.



~So tired after the concert!~

We were hoping to get together with our friends Matt and Andrea for lunch before we left town but due to Colston not feeling wonderful we had to do a raincheck. As we were heading out of town Coslton fell asleep after about ten minutes of driving and slept over half of the trip and so did I. It is so good to be home and have things in the wash and things unpacked. I love taking trips but I love being home more. I am hoping and praying Colston is able to get some sleep tonight and not be sick for church tomorrow. All in all we had a wonderful trip depsite any bumps along the way and we hope to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment