Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So long....

Wow! It has been a LONG time since I have written on my blog. I've thought about writing lots of times and just have not taken the time. So sad. But that's okay I am starting again now. So much has happened in the last 5 months or so but I'm not sure what all to include with out making this way too long of an entry.

Colston is now 21 months old and running around like a wild man. He keeps me so busy and on my toes! Today he counted to five all on his own! I was so proud of him! We actually got it on video too. Which is great because he always does awesome things and then we can never get it on video. One of the frustrating things of a toddler.

On other news, I went to the doctor today because my c-section scar is still bothering and it's been almost two years since I had my little guy. The first time I went to the doctor he said it should go away and I kind of felt like I was getting the brush off. But today I felt like he really listened to me and he told me he thinks it is a nerve that has gotten caught in the scar tissue or something. Which is what my mom has been saying for a while, so as always she was right! That's my mom smarter than doctors! My doctor said on my next c-section he will be able to take care of it. There are some other test results I am waiting on and I am praying all is well. Trying really hard to leave this all in God's hands. It seems the more I try not to worry the more I do. Why is that? Giving up control is so hard and hanging onto is exhausting! Thank goodness for my faith in God or I would probably go even more crazy with "what if's" and "why not's". God keeps me sane when I feel like I'm going crazy that's for sure.

On another note I had written months ago that I was trying to lose weight and I have finally succeeded some. Which I am so happy about. I started off by walking and changing my diet some and then in January joined a gym for the first time in my life. I love going to the gym now just to have some "me" time. Matt has been so great about watching Colston for a while so I can go when he gets home from work. He's such a great daddy! Since September I have lost almost 20 lbs and now I am starting to gain some muscle which is great. Tomorrow I have a work out sessions with one of the trainers at the gym which I am excited for. She has seen me working out some and said for me to come in tomorrow and she'll teach me some stuff. I am a little nervous because she said we are going to work out hard. Hopefully I can hack it! I officially weigh less than I did before I got pregnant so I am hoping to lose about 20 more and get toned! We'll see how it goes for me.

Matt is now leading the music at church and doing a wonderful job! He is still the youth pastor and now the worship leader as well. We had our spring fling a couple of weeks ago and Matt and I are both too old to stay up all night. But we did have a great time and I think we had the best behaved teens there! Of course I'm biased but I don't care. They were awesome the whole night and we never had to get on to them. The next Sunday one of the teens we had been praying for since camp got saved and it was amazing. His mom has been praying for him for a long time and during church that Sunday he wrote on his bulletin "I want to get saved." I almost cried when Matt told me. I can only imagine the emotions his mom felt when she read that. What an answer to prayer! God is so amazing!

On December 31st I was doing my devotions before the new year and came across John 13:7 which is when Jesus is talking to Peter about washing his feet and he tells him "You don't understand what I'm doing now but one day you will." That was the perfect verse for me to find right before the new year started. It has been such a blessing to me and has helped me to take all the circumstances I don't understand lightly. It's amazing how much comfort God's word can bring you if you just let it.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back to writing again! Congrats on the weight loss! I,for one, as someone who has struggled with weight my whole life can really appreciate what a feat that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as when you try not to worry, you end up worrying more. Beth Moore says we have to change HOW we think about WHAT we think about. She says to find verses that pertain to whatever issue we're dealing with and write them on index cards or something that you can take with you. Then, whenever you start to think the old thoughts, whip out the scriptures and read, read, pray, etc, until eventually we can relax about it. This is something I definitely need to practice cuz I haven't tried it and I definitely need to!

    ReplyDelete