Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The dino museum

Yesterday a bunch of us moms got together and took our kids to Thanksgiving Point to the Dinosaur Museum. It was $2 Tuesdays so we were excited to get in so cheap. We go there a little before it opened but apparently everyone else had the same idea. The line wrapped around the building! But luckily the line went pretty quickly. Once we got inside and paid we had to go through another line to let us in the actual exhibit part. Before we got in that line my friend Amy told me that they won't let you take sippy cups in. So I put mine in my bag and went and told our other friends the same thing. Right before we got up to the check in point I told a lady in front of me the sippy cup rule and she put hers in her bag. Well then when I got up there the sippy cup nazi told me to take out my cups and I said "what cups" and she said "the ones I saw you stuff in your bag". First off I knew she hadn't seen me do that but it was the lady in front of me but I went ahead and took one out and then walked through with a full bottle of water and a full juice cup. But I did not take them out while I was in there. Come to find out the lady had said the same thing to a lot of other people. I guess it's her tactic to get people to give up there cups. I'd hate to have her job. She did not seem happy.
Colston climbing on one of the dinosaurs.

















As we started walking through the museum we saw all the wonderful teaching of evolution. It was crazy to see all the half evolved sea creatures and the dinosaurs and the similarities between us and them. So silly. Besides all of that all of the exhibits were pretty cool. They had fake dinosaur skeletons so that kids could crawl on them and touch them. All of the actual fossils and bones were in glass cases so they wouldn't be touched or broken by the children running every where. They also had and erosion area where the kids could play with sand and dirt and stuff and get their hands all dirty. I opted to keep Colston in the stroller for that time.






I think the saddest part of the whole day was when we found a little girl probably about 7 years old crying because she lost her mommy. It was so sad. She kept hugging me and climbing in my lap. Finally an older man that worked there came over and took her from me to find her mommy. After he took her I kept wanting to follow him to make sure he was really going to take her to her mommy. I think I've watched too many episodes of Law and Order SVU. But when it comes to the safety of my kids or anyone else's I think it's okay to be a little paranoid. And if it keeps my kids safe and doesn't make me crazy over protective then I'm okay with that.

All in all it was great day with good friends and a chance to get Colston out of the house. The next time we go he will probably be walking and I am leaning towards the leashes I never I thought I would put on my child. But as much energy as that boy has I no I will have my hands full when he starts running all over the place. Sometime I think he is too stubborn and curious for his own good. Wonder who he gets those qualities from??? I wish that was something I could blame on his daddy but I'm definitely the guilty one.

Oh and I did put a bow in my sons hair to see how cute he is. His daddy was not happy but said he is pretty cute with the bow. Don't worry I took it out right after the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment