Sunday, August 30, 2009

So proud

My husband and I moved to Utah to work with the youth group at Mountainside Baptist Church. We've been here for over a year and a half now and it's finally feeling home. Our church is growing and our youth group is growing and our small groups are growing. Everything is growing it seems like and we are so excited about it! God has been blessing our church and we are so thankful for that.

Matt loves teaching the youth group and I love watching him. He is so goofy and the teenagers love him. He really connects with them and makes them laugh. I love watching him in his element. More than that though I love it when he gets to preach in front of the whole church. When we first moved here and Pastor Matt would go out of town my Matt would have to preach. He would get so nervous but he would always do such a wonderful job. Of course!

Today Matt and Jamie were out of town so my Matt got to speak. And he did a wonderful job! He spoke about Nehemiah and what he called the cage of responsibility. It's from the series he is doing now with our youth called the wild goose chase. He wanted to show the church what the teens are learning and show how it can apply to the adults life too. He talked about how we all have responsibility but a lot of times we use that responsibility as an excuse to not do what God wants us to do. We don't want to chase the Holy Spirit to where he wants to take us but instead try to meet up with him later while we go about doing our own things.

As he was preaching about how we don't always think that we are capable of doing what God wants us to do I was thinking about him. And how everything he was talking about applied to his own life. When I first met he was always scared to preach in front of the adults. He wasn't ever sure if he could preach where it would apply to them or that they would think that he's too young. But every time he preaches so many people tell him that his message was such a blessing.

Today was the first time that I saw him preach and he was not nervous at all. He even spoke slower than usual until the end then his fast talking took over. He even told his funny stories and made everyone laugh and was totally at ease. I couldn''t help but look at him and feel so proud. I think today was the best that he has done. I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing, godly man!

No comments:

Post a Comment