Thursday, August 20, 2009

H2O is the best

My son loves water. I mean absolutely loves it! Whether it's the pool or the bathtub or in a bottle he loves it. When he was about 4 months old we started taking him in the shower instead of a bath and he would fall asleep as the water showered down on him. Once he was able to sit up we would let him crawl around in the shower. Even when I took him to the Philippines we would fill up a plastic tub you wash clothes in and he would sit in it and play with his cups. Even now if I start filling the bath tub with water he gets all excited and starts yelling to get in. He even tries to hike his leg up over the edge of the bath tub to get in. Thank goodness he's short. The other day I stripped him down as the bath tub was filling up and turned my back for one second...big mistake. Apparently the sound of rushing water was very soothing and I turned to find he had peed all over the floor. I learned to never leave a boy's diaper off when near running water. Big mess!


His new thing lately is to try and drink the bath water. Icky! Not to mention he could very sick from that. At least that's what my mom always says when I tell her what he's doing. He also likes to try and suck all the soapy water out of his wash cloth. Ewww! But it is so cute that I had to take pictures and a video but then I took the wash cloth away.

I love taking pictures of him in the bath tub because his eyes are so blue. I keep wondering if it would be weird to have professional pictures taken of him in the bath tub....hmmmm.... However our favorite photographer just moved away. So sad. All of my favorite pictures we've taken of him are in the bath tub and I will frame them and put them up! He's just too adorable not to. And the bath tub is when he is the happiest and actually smiles for the camera!

The other day I got to take Colston to the pool and it was so fun. He had the best time. He splashed and played and didn't care how cold the water us. I even got him to hold his breath a little so I could put him under water. He loved it and didn't cry at all. That boy has no fear. He kept trying to crawl away from me and go head first in the water. Luckily he didn't get too far away from me. I want to put him in swimming lessons soon. Since he seems to be half fish as it is I think he would pick it up pretty quickly.



I am so blessed to have such a happy, easy going baby. And blessed that when he decides to be stubborn or cranky it's usually at home. He is definitely a crowd pleaser and much happier with lots of people. Even taking him to the grocery store is fun. He says hi to just about every person we pass and waves and smiles. He doesn't know a stranger. I can't decide if that's a good thing or not. I am so thankful that he likes lots of people and is not clingy to Matt or I. Although when Matt comes home he definitely wants his daddy. He gets so mad when Matt leaves. It's very cute and sad. I love that I get to spend all day with this amazing little boy. He brightens up my day, even when he's cranky. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment