Monday, August 31, 2009

Not Us Monday

So this week is a "not us monday" because I did not do this no, no alone. Actually if anyone was more to blame...okay so Matt and I were equally at fault this time. It was a great big oops that hopefully will never happen again and thank God did not end badly this time. I should start off by saying that we moved about a month ago to a new apartment. Our new place has a front entrance through the living room and a back entrance through the kitchen. We usually use that entrance since that is where we park (in the back) and take the trash out.

So last week Matt and I were in the kitchen doing some cleaning up after dinner. I always get onto Matt about not taking the trash out until it's over flowing. So he was taking the trash out for me and I was texting our friend to see if he was coming over for dessert. Matt most definitely did not leave the back door open as he walked out and I most definitely was not busy with my phone instead of watching my toddler who was in the kitchen. All of a sudden I hear this "Stop, No, No. Don't...aghhh...blah (non-sensical jabbering)". When I looked up I definitely did not see my toddler stumbling out the open door and teetering his little body, huge head towards the stairs outside. Did I mention that our stairs are metal with little spikey things coming up and my son was only in his diaper? Yeah, couldn't have been a worse scenario.

So I start running as Matt is running as fast as he can still yelling incoherently at this boy and I am doing the same. Apparently our jabbering worried him and he sat down right at the top of the stairs. Whew! We learned some valuable lessons in that moment. I think the most important was never, ever leave the back door or any door near stairs open if a toddler is near by. We couldn't get on to Colston because he just wanted to see where daddy was going and be his walking buddy. God definitely protected him and his little body from those treacherous stairs! Ouch!

Oh and I didn't mention the biggest no, no which was when my husband preached on Sunday. Without me knowing he decided to tell this wonderful story to the whole church. I think the best part was as soon as he said he left the back door open the whole congregation went "Oooooh". It was like a bad part in a movie or something. I definitely did not laugh the entire time he was telling the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment